99 percent

The movement Occupy Wall Street is mostly happening in Zuccotti Park in New York’s Financial District. Thousands of people gathered there weeks ago and are still holding out to raise awareness for the uneven distribution of wealth in the US economy. The main criticism of the status quo is that apparently only 1 % of the US population owns more than the other 99 %.

Activists like Naomi Klein are joining the demonstrators. Sporadically, people in suits can be found within the crowd, for example a lawyer who explains Fundamental Rights to interested listeners.
The demonstrators brought their own wifi, a well equipped kitchen with herbal dishwasher substitute and have widely spread out a camp with sleeping bags, pillows, blankets.

Here is a series of  Occupy Wall Street images.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leave a Reply